Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE) seeks to enable students to develop attitudes and values towards their sexuality in a moral, spiritual and social framework in keeping with the mission statement of this school.
RSE in this school has the following aims.
1. To help students to understand and develop friendships and relationships.
2. To promote an understanding of sexuality.
3. To promote a positive attitude to one’s own sexuality and that of others.
4. To promote a knowledge of and a respect for reproduction.
5. To provide opportunities for the students to learn about relationships and sexuality in ways that helps them to think and act in a moral, caring and responsible way.
As a Catholic school Presentation Wexford holds that full sexual intimacy belongs in a totally adult relationship, in which there is trust, respect, acceptance and understanding for both partners such as in marriage.
It is recommended that approximately six classes per year are assigned to RSE.
The school has R.S.E guidelines for teachers
The normal limits of confidentiality will apply to any information coming to the attention of the teacher. Any concerns about a student’s welfare will be dealt with discreetly and sensitively within the Child Protection Guidelines for post-primary schools issued by the Dept. of Education and Science.